Hall of Fame Supporters and Sun Valley Guests,
Amid growing concerns over the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), The US Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame and Sun Valley Resort along with health guidance from national and local health authorities, announced last week, the postponing of the Class of 2019 Induction Ceremony and all Snowsport History Celebration events.
The new confirmed event dates are December 9-13, 2020 in Sun Valley. (see schedule is below)
For those who have already purchased event tickets, please note your ticket is not cancelled. There are five options for you:
- ROLL FORWARD | Unless we hear from you about an option below by April 1st, your ticket(s) will automatically transfer to the newly scheduled dates in December, 2020 (this way, your seat is secured for what is likely to be another sold-out event). We will be re-issuing rolled-forward tickets and emailing the new ones to you in April.
- TRANSFER | You may offer your ticket(s) to someone else by simply emailing us with the new ticket- holder name and email address. (See ticket contact email address below)
- DONATE | You may take a 100% tax-deduction for your contribution by emailing Ann at [email protected] All donations are GREATLY APPRECIATED AND NEEDED and we will issue an acknowledgement letter as we are able.
- CREDIT | You may request a full refund via credit towards use at a future event (Snowmass | April, 2021 and beyond)
- REFUND | You may request a full cash refund (less card processing and event booking fees where applicable) of your tickets. (please allow 15-45 days for processing)
For those of you that have already booked lodging and lift tickets please see below:
- LODGING | You can request a full deposit refund for lodging or change your reservations to the new date by contacting the properties as follows: *Sun Valley Inn or Lodge: (800)-786-8259 *Limelight Ketchum: (855) 441-2250 *You can re-book your lodging for December of 2020 now for the same price per night
- EVENT & LIFT TICKETS | All tickets including lift tickets can be simply rolled-forward. If you are requesting a cash refund, you will be required to pay new pricing and additional re-booking fees if you plan to attend in December. Rolling-forward will be the most economical way to attend in December.
- TICKETING CONTACT | [email protected]
The Hall has a small, but dedicated staff who many of you know work day and night to provide the best possible service to our members. We ask that you please be patient as our response time may be longer than normal.
Each year, the Hall depends heavily on revenue received from its annual Induction Ceremony, supporting events and auctions. The spring event typically brings in over HALF THE ANNUAL OPERATING REVENUE required for the organizations budget. That being said, our top priority is the well-being of our membership,
and we hope you’ll work with us during this trying time.
While we look to other funding sources like federal, state and local government relief, it does not appear we will be successful in those efforts due to the nature of organization as it pertains to this pandemic and the other worthy organizations applying for those same dollars.
We hope the individuals backing us will help where they are able. In addition to the options above for those scheduled to attend Sun Valley, we are also launching a GoFundMe campaign now to help secure the necessary funding shortfall coverage needed for 2020 operations as a result of this postponement. A successful fundraiser now will give us the ability to work through this and continue to honor and celebrate athletes and industry pioneers who have shaped our sports in America.
With kindest regards and wishing you a healthy spring and summer,
Executive Director US Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame